News:

The first ever community of practice for citizens.

Here we learn to become better citizens and in the process understand how to make our societies work for all of us.

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

(VISION) Do you like Citizens and Societies's Vision statement ?

Started by Denis Pageau, Apr 15, 2022, 06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Vision) Do you like Citizens & Societies's Vision Statement below?

Definitively
1 (25%)
Yes
1 (25%)
I am not sure
1 (25%)
No
1 (25%)
Definitively not
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Denis Pageau

A vision statement is a statement that describes the conditions in which an organization is not needed anymore. In the case of Citizens & Societies, the vision statement is the following:

VISION STATEMENT

A global village where all our societies are in constant equilibrium, which means that our individual, group or collective actions facilitate the development as well as the social and societal integration of citizens and that citizens facilitate the functioning and development of our governments and societies.    

Do you like our Vision Statement? (Please vote on the poll above)

If you were to tweak our Vision Statement, what would you do?

Societally yours,

Denis Pageau
Citizens & Societies
Chief Knowledge Officer (CKO)
Lead Facilitator (LF)

Sabrah

I am not sure the vision statement is really saying anything profound.  Would think the action would be to strengthen democracy within our society.  

Denis Pageau

Quote from: Sabrah on May 03, 2022, 02:56 PMI am not sure the vision statement is really saying anything profound.  Would think the action would be to strengthen democracy within our society. 
Thanks for your comment Sabrah. 

Democracy is very important, but it does not guarantee equilibrium which means that it is not because we live in a democracy that the vast majority of our fellow citizens will be able to meet most of their individual and collective needs.  

What is important is that the

Quoteknowledge and beliefs we use to create the laws, rules and regulations as well as customs and habits, help us attain and maintain a sustainable social order.

Hence attaining and maintaining a sustainable social order is the most important objective. 

Of course, this social order must also help us meet our individual and collective needs. Hence if must increase our level of freedom.

This being said, democracy is very important. It is actually the main tool we need to use to attain social order. However, we need to completely revamp our electoral system and this is something C&S will do as it officially launches in a few months. 
Societally yours,

Denis Pageau
Citizens & Societies
Lead Facilitator (LF)

stephenbuckley

"A vision statement is a statement that describes the conditions in which an organization is not needed anymore."

I have never seen "vision" described this way, i.e., "in which an organization is not needed anymore."  -- Do you have a reference for that definition?

I have some thoughts on the wording but, first, I need to understand and, I suppose, accept what you mean by "vision".

Steve Buckley

Denis Pageau

I will have to search my archives for that document, because I adopted this understanding a good 10 years ago. ;-) 

Meanwhile, let's remember that a vision statement explains what an organization wants to achieve in the future. 

A not-for-profit organization is not there to make money; it is there to meet a need. Can this need be completely met? If so, then yes, it is possible to create a future where the need for the services the organization provides is not needed anymore. 

Ex: A local literacy group vision statements could be : "A city where everyone knows how to read and write." 
Societally yours,

Denis Pageau
Citizens & Societies
Lead Facilitator (LF)

How to be read.

1. Use our definitions
  2. Use simple words
  3. Use small sentences
  4. Share one idea per small paragraph.